Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jane Austen Made Me Do It

Just got my Author Copy of this new anthology of up-to-the-minute Austen-inspired stories (can I find anything else to hyphenate? Oh, yes: It's hot-off-the-press), edited by Austen Maven Laurel Ann Nattress.  The book doesn't officially launch until next Friday night in Ft. Worth, TX--in the warm penumbra of the Annual General Meeting of the Jane Austen Society of North America--but I'm exulting in the advance copy.  So many stories!!!  From so many fabulous pens!!!  Some are modern riffs on the JA world, others are continuations, meditations, improvisations on Jane and her work.  Yes, I have an entry--"Jane and the Gentleman Rogue," in which the much-lamented Lord Harold returns--but who wants to read her own stuff when she can read everybody else's?

For more on the book, check out Laurel Ann's website: www.janeaustenmademedoit.com.

I can't attend the JASNA conference itself this year, because I committed to a charity event in Golden, CO--Books & Brunch--on Saturday Oct. 15th; but I'll be in Ft. Worth Friday night, Oct. 14th, at the Jane Austen Made Me Do It book launch party!  If you're in the area, by all means come!  Lots of great JAMMDI authors will be there, along with Laurel Ann, to sign the anthology--and any other books we're simultaneously peddling.

October 14, 6:30-8:00 pm
Launch Party for Jane Austen Made Me Do It
Barnes & Noble Booksellers
Sundance Square
401 Commerce Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
(817) 332-7178 


Looking forward--

Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. I want it to rain. It never rains in Colorado. But if it did, I'd curl up on the sofa, build the first fire of the year, settle my Westie on the afghan, and dip into these stories. Hope you get to, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the date marked on the calendar...how is that for fandom? ;) I look forward to the return of the Rogue.

    ReplyDelete